Leadership symposium: Does purpose drive stakeholder and shareholder value?
The Power of Purpose - Does purpose drive stakeholder and shareholder value?
There is increasingly strong evidence in research that those businesses which are able to describe and live by their purpose create demonstrable and commercial advantage for their staff, their customers and the wider context or community within which they exist. We are delighted to invite you to take part in our symposium where we will discuss the business case for organisational “purpose” and how the power of “invisible leadership” can propel your organisation forwards to ensure continued success.
Who will attend?
The purpose of our event is to enable leaders to create more flexible, creative, profitable, and sustainable businesses in an increasingly complex macro-economy through implementing a purpose driven agenda. The occasion will bring together a powerful combination of CEOs and HRDs from successful global organisations together with leadership scholars to explore the practical application of the notion of purpose and how leaders can harness “purpose” to achieve the following:
- engage with teams at all organisational levels to encourage the highest levels of commitment, innovation and successful performance critical to the bottom line;
- attract and retain motivated and high performing employees;
- create a strong climate of trust and disciplined entrepreneurship among employees;
- develop leadership capabilities at all levels of the organisation; and
- nurture measurably improved, performance-oriented organisational climates and cultures.
Framed by positioning keynotes from global CEO speakers with diverse inputs on the power of purpose-led organisations, you will also hear expert views from four internationally renowned leadership academics including our Møller Leadership Scholar, Professor Georgia Sorenson, co-founder of the International Leadership Association. Georgia will be joined by Gill Hickman her co-author of The Power of Invisible Leadership How a Compelling Common Purpose Inspires Exceptional Leadership and Steve Kempster, author of Leadership as purpose: Exploring the role of purpose in leadership practice.
Senior leaders from organisations including Unilever; AstraZeneca, Lidl, Marshall Group, Trustonic, Taylor Vinters, the Babraham Institute and others will be participating in this event.
Your input, combined with our work at the meeting, will be the basis for an invited session on The Business Case for Purpose at the International Leadership Association’s 19th Global Conference to be held in Brussels in October 2017. We expect media coverage of the work at the conference.
Our one-day event on 21 April (and pre-symposium dinner on 20 April) will take place at the Møller Centre, Churchill College, a world-class residential leadership development and conference centre located at the University of Cambridge.
We will ask participants to cover expenses as follows:
- pre- symposium dinner and accommodation plus one day event: £300 per person
- day event only: £100 per person
- Additional nights accommodation with breakfast available to participants at £100 per night (please state requirements on registration form)
We hope you be able to join us in Cambridge and contribute to defining the future of performance with a purpose.
To see the provisonal agenda, please click here.
Photo credits: Meet Cambridge and Andrew Hatfield Photography
* NOTE! THIS EVENT IS NOT A DUCC EVENT, BUT ONE WE HAVE KINDLY OFFERED TO PUBLISH ON BEHALF OF OUR NETWORK. DUCC CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS. THUS ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS OR RECLAMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE ORGANISER DIRECTLY.
Tim Hill, Marketing Manager, Møller Centre on email@example.com