The Great Nordic Feast
Taking place from 20 – 22 October, The Great Nordic Feast aims to introduce the best tastes and culinary talents from Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland as well as the more unknown Nordic countries of the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland to London foodies, through inspiring artisan breakfasts and dinners, hosted by a collaboration of renowned chefs. The autumn feasts will be infused with Nordic flora, talks and music and cooked using traditional Nordic techniques, inside Scandinavian style tipi tents on Southbank Centre’s Festival Terrace.
Gastronomic experts from across the Nordic regions and the UK will combine their talents to serve up a creative Nordic eating experience for food lovers. The award-winning line-up will include:
● Niklas Ekstedt , the man behind the innovative cooking with fire concept in Sweden.
● Titti Qvarnström, the first female head chef in Sweden with a Michelin star.
● Helena Puolakka, Finnish-born executive head chef of London’s Aster Nordic-inspired café and deli.
● Ylfa Helgadottir, chef de cuisine and owner of Kopar Restaurant in Iceland.
● Groundbreaking Norwegian chef Heidi Bjerkan.
● Danish food stylist, Mette Hellbaek.
● Sam Clarke, chef-patron of the Moro Restaurant in London.
● Stockholm based pastry chef and baker Sebastian Boudet.
● UK baker and winner of The Great British Bake-Off 2010, Edd Kimber.
All these famous names will appear over the weekend of festivities allowing guests to get up close and personal with these culinary idols as they talk, bake or cook for them.
The Great Nordic Feast will make its UK debut as part of Nordic Matters, Southbank Centre’s year-long exploration of arts and culture from across the Nordic regions.
Programme highlights include:
● Nordic Artisan Breakfast – Savour a wondrous spread of traditional Nordic artisan food prepared using regional techniques and served as a smorgasbord. This Scandinavian start to the day will be hosted by Lena Flaten, founder and chef of Flammans Skafferi restaurant in Sweden, accompanied by guest chefs and bakers including Niklas Ekstedt, Sebastian Boudet and other Nordic leading lights of the culinary world.
● Nordic Feast – Not just a meal - a cultural bonanza, this feast is infused with Nordic flora, ideas, music and identity, and will see leading chefs from across the Nordic regions and the UK cook up a creative Nordic eating experience. The feast will feature an array of dishes based on Nordic ingredients, created by Titti Qvarnstrom, Helena Puolakka, Sam Clarke, Selin Kiazim, Kim Woodward, Ylfa Helgadottir, Kerri Moss, Mette Hellbaek and Heidi Bjerkan. A month prior to the event, all UK chefs will visit one Nordic destination with the representing Nordic chef, to be inspired and collect ideas.
Terms, Conditions & Cancellation Policy
Subject to terms & conditions.