Procurement Category Expert
Copenhagen, DenmarkClosing Date for applying:
10 Mar '17How to apply:
Do you have a strong analytical drive to independently perform market and industry analysis within the travel category? Do you have solid experience in RFx related support including optimal execution? Can you understand local requirements and translate those in to spend and demand analyses? Are you an expert in travel management, tender development and execution? And do you have an extensive experience in how to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative information to assess, screen and select suppliers within travel management e.g. through TCOs?
Then a role as Procurement Category Expert for Carlsberg can be a natural next step for you in your career. As Procurement Category Expect you will be responsible for full-filling global and local procurement needs within the travel category. This includes RFx related support, vendor management and engagement with partners as well as providing daily and strategic expertise in the travel category locally and globally.
Furthermore, you must ensure that the maximum value is being extracted through sound stakeholder engagement, value propositions to suppliers, robust procedures, and compliance with group contracts and policies. You will thus have a wide interaction with stakeholders including Global Category VPs/Directors, Global Category Managers, the local procurement team, local CXO, as well as, with other relevant stakeholders in Carlsberg´s local business units.
You will report to the Global Senior Category Director – Indirect.
Travel must be expected.
- Drive the execution of category strategies
- Manage and control travel through policies and suppliers
- Manage stakeholders on an on-going daily basis
- Prepare and support of RFx
- Understand local business requirements and supply markets, coordinate cross border implementation and provide input to category strategy
- Perform category analytics and database management
- Support budget process through deep cost structure understanding
- Co-ordinate and run supplier performance reviews
- Set and deliver a clear value improvement agenda with suppliers and stakeholders
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in e.g. Business Administration
- You have at least 3-5 years’ relevant experience within corporate travel management
- You have direct experience with contract planning, negotiations and execution within travel management
- You have a profound knowledge of financial instruments and analytical tools, and you can perform market and industry analysis independently.
- You have thorough knowledge about governance, policies and procedures and how to actively use them to drive value
- You have excellent project management skills across functions and cultures
- You have excellent English skills both orally and in writing
- You are an advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- You have an ability to work in virtual teams
- International work experience in a related industry is an advantage
- You are result and action-oriented and have strong analytical and strategic skills
- You have a systematic and structured approach to your assignments
- You are highly motivated, open minded and able to work independently
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills
- You are capable to work intensively with several interfaces and being able to manage a high workload and handle several tasks at the same time
- You can communicate effectively at all levels, across all functions and within multiple countries.
- You are flexible, able to learn fast and willing to embrace change
- You have a pleasant, open-minded, outgoing and sociable personality
- A challenging and independent job
- Personal development through appropriate training
- A job in a dynamic company with proud traditions and strong brands
Contact and application
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you need further information about the position, please contact Senior Consultant Claus Mengel-Niemann at 70 20 12 75. All enquiries will be handled with confidentiality. If interested, please apply as soon as possibly through our webpage www.compasshrg.com. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we ask you to apply as soon as possible in order make sure that your application is taken into consideration.