Zendesk is hiring
Zendesk is seeking an Associate Manager of Social Media in our key EMEA region to support our day-to-day global social media marketing efforts.
Working closely with our North America-based social media team, this role will help us provide 24-hour social media engagement to our growing global following. Social media management at Zendesk requires creativity, flexibility, diplomacy, superb writing skills, master multitasking skills, great attention to detail, and a keen sense of humour. Our ideal candidate will have professional experience creating and promoting content for all major social channels.
As our key EMEA-based social media team player, knowledge of regional social media influencers related to our brand’s operations is an asset. A solid understanding of social media metrics and analytics is especially important.
What you’ll do every day:
- Support and help drive the company’s global organic social media strategy
- Work closely with fellow social media team members, marketers, and other teams throughout the company to promote our content and brand
- Engage directly with customers, influencers, and the broader community as one of Zendesk’s emissaries on social channels, acting as a helpful resource, being a voice of encouragement, and ensuring a positive interaction
- Support the development and execution of social media campaigns
- Help increase engagement and increase followers across all social media channels
- Track, measure, and analyse how social content and campaigns are performing; and regularly update colleagues and management
- Support the product and PR teams for crisis and response management
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A passion for social media (especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram)
- An understanding of what works on each channel and how to best represent Zendesk on each while staying true to our brand
- A track record of successfully executing social media initiatives that drive sharing and engagement
- Excellent written and editorial skills and experience writing for external corporate communications channels
- Experience with social media for technology companies and/or B2B brands is highly desired
- Knowledge of Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Simply Measured, and/or other social media monitoring and analytic tools
- Experience measuring, analysing, and presenting the results of social media campaigns: what worked, what didn’t, and what to change next time
- Great people skills: experience working with various cross-functional groups (internal and external)
- A thick skin: willingness to absorb and act on input from all levels to improve the output and get better results
- 5+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years experience specifically in social media marketing
- B.A./B.S. degree
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese would be helpful, although is not required
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.